top of page

Building registration

Newly built building

Building title registration

● Those who built a new building

●Those who have built a building in the past but have not yet registered it

In the above cases, you must apply for "building title registration" to the Legal Affairs Bureau (registration office).

The registry consists of two parts: the title section and the rights section.

The "title section" describes the location, house number, type, structure, floor area, date of construction, etc. of the building, and the "property section" describes the owner's address, name, mortgage, etc.

However, there is no register (registration record) for a newly constructed building or a previously constructed building that has not been registered.

"Building title registration" is a registration to create a new registration record. ​

Those who extended the building
Registration of change in title of building

● Those who have expanded the building

● Those who demolished part of the building

● Those who changed the roof material

● Those who built a garage etc. as an ancillary building

In the above cases, you must apply to the Legal Affairs Bureau (registration office) for "registration of changes to the title of the building."



● Persons whose buildings were demolished

● Persons whose buildings have been destroyed by fire

● Persons whose buildings do not exist but remain on the register

Even in the above cases, you must apply to the Legal Affairs Bureau (registry office) for a "building loss registration" that is a registration record of the loss.



Combined building registration...

Building merger registration...

Sectional building title registration...





bottom of page